CoCoA is a system for Computations in Commutative Algebra.
It is able to perform simple and sophisticated operations on multivaraiate
polynomials and on various data related to them (ideals, modules, matrices, rational functions). For example, it can readily compute Grobner bases, syzygies and minimal free resolution, intersection, division, the radical of an ideal, the ideal of zero-dimensional schemes, Poincare’ series and Hilbert functions, factorization of polynomials, toric ideals. The capabilities of CoCoA and the flexibility of its use are further enhanced by the dedicated high-level programming language. For convenience, the system offers a textual interface, an Emacs mode, and a graphical user interface common to most platforms.
Freely distributed from the website http://cocoa.dima.unige.it
Statusofficially approved by the authors
Aims and scope
- 02.04.01 Ideals, modules, homomorphisms
- 02.04.02 Polynomial and power series rings
- 02.04.04 Graded rings and Hilbert functions
- 02.04.06 Dimension theory
- 02.04.07 Factorization and primary decomposition
- 02.04.08 Syzygies and resolutions
- 02.04.10 Groebner bases
- 02.05.01 Linear equations
- 02.05.04 Matrix factorization
- 03.01.09 Special varieties